Obama’s Internal Review Panel Rips NSA Spying on Americans
USA is the largest police state in the world. It not only spies on its own people but on the citizens of earth everywhere in the world. The country is controlled by hundreds of Federal Departments & agencies operating on 1300 facilities around the country, 850,000 Americans with top secret clearance are working at these facilities, almost for every 372 people there is one spy agent. At the end of the day all these unconstitutional spying are used just to make sure that the assets of the greedy 1% rich remain safe. SO MUCH ABOUT DEMOCRACY in a country, which is wrongly known for its freedom and liberty! [DID]
President Obama’s internal review panel has accused the government of abusing the Patriot Act and said many of the intelligence community’s key tools should be reined in, including the NSA’s phone-snooping program and the FBI’s use of national security letters to demand secret information from private businesses, according to the stunning report released Wednesday.
The panel told Mr. Obama to scrap the National Security Agency’s phone-records collection program, saying it’s an infringement of privacy, and said the government instead should ask phone companies to store the records. The NSA would be able to ask for the records only when it deems national security is at stake.
“As a general rule and without senior policy review, the government should not be permitted to collect and store mass, undigested, non-public personal information about U.S. persons for the purpose of enabling future queries and data-mining for foreign intelligence purposes,” the panel said.
The recommendation is a major blow to Mr. Obama, who has fought to preserve the phone-snooping program in the face of stiff criticism from privacy advocates and from conservatives and liberals on Capitol Hill.
The report goes much further, saying the government needs to rein in the secret court that oversees intelligence operations and needs to restrict the FBI’s use of national security letters.
It also called for far more information to be provided to make Congress and the public aware of government activities.
The report was released two days after a federal judge in Washington concluded that the phone-records program likely violates the Fourth Amendment.
The NSA said the Patriot Act gives it permission to collect records of nearly every phone call made in the U.S., including the numbers involved and the time and duration of the calls. The NSA says it does not store the contents of the conversations.
The White House said Mr. Obama is reviewing the report and will make decisions by early next year about the NSA program, but the panel’s conclusions are setbacks to him and to members of Congress who argue that the snooping is constitutional and necessary for national security.
Opponents of the snooping said the panel’s conclusions show a growing consensus that the government has overreached.
“The message to the NSA is now coming from every branch of government and from every corner of our nation: You have gone too far,” said Sen. Patrick J. Leahy, Vermont Democrat and chairman of the SenateJudiciary Committee.
The report is the latest fallout after former government contractor Edward Snowden leaked details of the NSA’s phone-snooping and other U.S. intelligence programs this year, igniting a fierce debate on the extent of government intrusion and the security trade-offs.
After the revelations, Mr. Obama said he wanted to have a more public conversation to put the programs on firm legal and political footing. He formed his five-member internal review panel as part of that.
Panelists submitted their report to the White House late last week, but it was made public Wednesday after officials said they felt the need to counteract what they said was inaccurate reporting on the recommendations.
Mr. Obama met with the review board Wednesday morning, ahead of the report’s release. Afterward, the White House said Mr. Obama was still reviewing the report and getting input.
“This is a fairly broad assessment that’s being done. And the president will take his time because it is absolutely necessary to do that in his review. And come January, he’ll have concluded that work and make a presentation on it,” said White House press secretary Jay Carney.
The panel’s 46 recommendations amount to a wholesale rejection of the direction the intelligence community has gone since the war on terrorism began.
In one recommendation, the panel said the NSA director should require confirmation by the Senate and that the position — which is a military post — be open to civilians. The panel said the next director probably should be a civilian.
Under the Patriot Act, the federal government and the secret Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court are able to order businesses to turn over private information.
The panel said that power should be constrained to narrow circumstances in a specific, authorized investigation — not a broad fishing expedition.
Panelists also recommended changes that could cut down on leaks like Mr. Snowden’s — including a scoring system that would determine how much access personnel have to sensitive information.
Even as it was being criticized by Mr. Obama’s panel, the intelligence community was reveling in another distinction: For the fifth straight year, it was named one of the five best places to work in the federal government, based on employee satisfaction.
Stephen Dinan – The Washington Times Columnist
December 18, 2013
Related link – http://tinyurl.com/mp372m3
Search in this Weblog
Former U.S. President Joined the Terrorist State of IRI
You Don’t Deal with Terrorists
Obsolete types of Governments for the 21st Century
Why in the Future Free Iran, a Secular Democratic Republic Type Sovereignty is the only Legitimate Government Option?
If the World Wants to Witness Peace on Earth
Islamic Regime in Iran, a Puppet of Foreign Powers
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- NSA General H.R. McMaster, an Appeaser of Islam! February 25, 2017
- Obama Officials & Loyalists Torpedoed General Flynn to Protect Iran Deal February 16, 2017
- Trump’s immigration ban: 4 key questions answered January 31, 2017
- The Inspector Clouseau of Foreign Policy Calls on GOP Leaders to Repudiate their Nominee August 4, 2016
- Want to Know Why Majority of Americans Hate Hillary? Watch this Clip July 6, 2016
- Hillary, The Unpopular, Corrupt, Shameless Habitual Liar June 9, 2016
- An Election by the Wealthy & for the Wealthy June 7, 2016
- The Myth of the ‘Moderate Muslim’ May 26, 2016
- Atheists Outnumber Theists May 24, 2016
- Why Choosing Iran over Syria is a Moral and Strategic Failure for Obama May 22, 2016
- President Trump’s First State of the Union Address, January 2017 May 11, 2016
- Farewell, Grand Old Party (GOP) May 9, 2016
- Five Things we “Learned” from Trump’s Foreign Policy Speech April 29, 2016
- Trump Terrifies World Leaders April 22, 2016
- Department of State’s Iran Reports on Human Rights Practices for 2015 April 15, 2016
- The System is Corrupt April 11, 2016
- ISIS, Tehran Regime, Two Sides of the Same Coin April 9, 2016
- From Whitewater to Benghazi: A Clinton-Scandal Primer March 25, 2016
- Unwelcom Obama’s Norooz Message March 23, 2016
- Yesterday North Korea, Tomorrow Iran January 8, 2016
- The Diminished Legacy of the Iran Deal January 6, 2016
- The Hostage Terrorism Act of Islamic Regime in Iran Remains Unpunished December 25, 2015
- Why the Iranians? December 15, 2015
- The Kind of President We Need December 4, 2015
- San Bernardino Rampage Had Islamic Radicalism Tie December 4, 2015
- Obama, ISIS and You November 23, 2015
- NATO’s Turn to Attack November 17, 2015
- As Marco Rubio rises, GOP Rivals are Reluctant to Take Him on Directly November 12, 2015
- The Terrorist Iran’s Regime Calls U.S. World’s Top Terrorism Supporter November 8, 2015
- Pentagon Chief Outlines Three R’s’ to Defeating ISIS October 28, 2015
- What Happens When Terrorists Go After U.S. Power Grids? October 28, 2015
- Why the Terrorist IRI Regime’s Ballistic Missiles Activities are not Violating the UNSC Resolution October 18, 2015
- Watch Hillary Endorse the Trans-Pacific Partnership 24 Times Before Coming Out Against It October 9, 2015
- Uncle Sam Commits War Crime October 6, 2015
- Syria: Moscow Strikes, Washington Watches October 3, 2015
- Inspired to Stop Terrorism, Congressman Continues to Fight Iran Deal October 1, 2015
- US-Trained Rebels Betray US and Hand Weapons Over to Al-Qaeda’s Affiliate in Syria September 24, 2015
- Boosted by Nuke Deal, Iranian Mullahs Up Funding to Proxies September 23, 2015
- Why GOP Congressional Leaders Rigged a Law to Authorize Obama to Lift the Iran Sanctions September 22, 2015
- Senator Tom Cotton: Iran Nuclear Deal a Product of Obama’s ‘Hubris’ September 20, 2015
- Restoring America’s Strength September 19, 2015
- Carly Fiorina & Marco Rubio, The Big Winners of the Second Republican Presidential Debate September 18, 2015
- The Shady Family Behind America’s Iran Lobby September 16, 2015
- Cleaning Up After the Obama Team’s Iran Deal September 14, 2015
- Senator Your Hands are Soaked with the Americans’ Blood September 9, 2015
- Humanity Washed Ashore, Who are to Blame for this Tragedy? September 3, 2015
- The Blame Does not Go to the Liar Son of Bitch Javad Zarif May 1, 2015
- Historic Video Clip: Bill Clinton and North Korea’s Nuclear Agreement April 7, 2015
- Why Nuclear Deal with Mullahs’ Regime is Doomed to Failure March 11, 2015
- The Man Who Broke the Middle East June 23, 2014
- A Symbol of Freedom that Never Dies June 21, 2014
- US-Iranian Mullahs Pact for Resolving the Iraqi Crisis, Really!? June 18, 2014
- Major Wars Create Economic Growth June 16, 2014
- Barack Obama and Iraq – Cool Calculations June 15, 2014
- Iranian Mullahs Deploys Forces to Fight al Qaeda-Inspired Militants in Iraq June 13, 2014
- How ISIS Leader Abu Bakr Al-Baghdadi Became the World’s Most Powerful Jihadist Leader June 11, 2014
- Angelina Jolie, British Foreign Secretary Open Sexual-Violence Summit June 10, 2014
- Obama Administration Funded Terror Network ‘for the next ten years’ June 9, 2014
- “Happy” Song – Miss USA 2014 Contestants Version June 9, 2014
- Iranian Mullahs’ Regime: False Assumptions June 8, 2014
- Atomic Amnesia: The Forgotten Military Aspects of Iranian Mullahs’ Nuclear Program June 7, 2014
- Obama’s “Don’t Do Stupid Shit” Foreign Policy June 6, 2014
- Monarchy is in its Death Throes June 4, 2014
- A Fundamental Shift in US Policy: America Can Negotiate with Terrorists ! June 2, 2014
- The Irony of Obama’s Foreign Policy May 30, 2014
- Secret Diplomacy to Seal Iran Appeasement May 29, 2014
- OBAMA TO OUTLINE CASE FOR A LIMITED FOREIGN POLICY May 27, 2014
- “Happy” Song – The Mullah Version May 26, 2014
- Americans Should Embrace Wealth Redistribution Or There Will Be Blood May 25, 2014
- Video: Islam is NOT for Me (song with lyrics) May 24, 2014
- Is Democracy Over? May 23, 2014
- Iran under Mullahs’ Regime: A Land, Where Joy Ceases to Exist May 22, 2014
- U.S. Has Given Asylum to Top Terrorist of Islamic Regime of Iran May 20, 2014
Fear is the main source of superstition
The worst illiterate is the political illiterate
Struggle for Democracy
The Criminal Regime of IRI, 3 Decades of Bloodshed and Massacre
Oppressed People of Iran Warn the Green Reformers
Bani Sadr, Vertex of the Beegh Trianlge
- February 2017
- January 2017
- August 2016
- July 2016
- June 2016
- May 2016
- April 2016
- March 2016
- January 2016
- December 2015
- November 2015
- October 2015
- September 2015
- May 2015
- April 2015
- March 2015
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
- November 2010
- October 2010
- September 2010
- August 2010
- July 2010