Iran under Mullahs’ Regime: A Land, Where Joy Ceases to Exist
This is the problem: More than three decades ago bunch of 1400-years old Islamic dinosaurs with the help of Foreign Powers led by U.S. have occupied our country Iran, took over the government, and imposed a martial law on the citizens based on the Islamic (Shia) Sharia. Islamic Sharia feeds and nurture on people’s sadness and grief, like vampires who die in sunlight they are vulnerable to happiness of life, which is why they have banned people from sharing joy and cheer. Iranian people on other hand have had a long history in celebrating the life; they used to feast every happy occasion of their lives, now trapped in the dark cell of Sharia law.
The problem will be solved when Iranian get united and rise against these Islamic zombies and kicked them and their Arabic culture out of the Persian land back to where they have come from, and establish back their Persian culture, which is based on felicity and prosperity, and take their fate in their own hands. You know what, that day is not too far to come. [DID]
Update: The video’s director remains in detention. “Happy” Prisoners were Forced to Squat Naked in front of Female Officers ……. (for update refer to the bottom of this article)
A few weeks ago, a music video of a group of Iranian youths dancing to the hit Pharrell Williams song “Happy” was the talk of the Persian social media sphere. It offered a view of an Iran that isn’t normally seen in the West—young, energetic, and plugged in to global culture.
Now the video’s stars appear to be in trouble. A video circulating on social media shows them under arrest and forced to speak on Iranian state television.
Pharrell Williams – Happy We are from Tehran – In Honnor Of them
If the video is genuine, it’s not surprising. Many had noted the risks taken in the original video—women without veils (though wearing wigs), men and women dancing together. And while the Rouhani administration has tried to strike a conciliatory tone on the culture front, full openness has not been forthcoming.
“Happy” Iranians in Custody – English subtitled
A very active band of conservative agitators has been busy pushing against any sign of change. Just this week, Iranian actress Leila Hatami (star of the Oscar-winning A Separation) was in hot water after she shook hands with, and then was kissed on the cheek by, the president of the Cannes Film Festival. Senior Iranian leaders regularly speak of the central importance of culture in the Islamic Republic’s survival. That’s a perpetual source of friction in a country with thousands of years of rich civilizational history (stretching back long before the arrival of Islam) and a strong literary tradition. Iranian art once plumbed the depths of the mind and the soul. Now it’s risky to make a music video whose message is simple, almost childish: that joy is still possible in Iran. The kids who made the video might be reminded of a poem by Ahmad Shamloo, written shortly after the 1979 revolution brought the Islamic Republic into being:
They slit smiles off of lips
And song from the throat.
Joy must be hid in closets at home.
John Allen Gay is an assistant managing editor at The National Interest. His book (co-authored with Geoffrey Kemp) War with Iran: Political, Military, and Economic Consequences was released by Rowman and Littlefield in early 2013.
John Allen Gay
May 20, 2014
Related link – http://tinyurl.com/nq7c8ca
Original topic: Dance to Pharrell in Iran, Get Arrested
Update on Iranian Happy Dancers
“Happy” Prisoners were Forced to Squat Naked in front of Female Officers
Update: Sources close to the group have informed IranWire that the video’s director remains in detention.
.“Thanks for thinking about us,” said Neda, one of the six Iranians arrested for posting a music video for Pharrell Williams’s “Happy” on YouTube. “We’re finally released after three days in prison,” she wrote on Instagram. “We’re waiting for the court date. Thanks a lot for caring about us.”
“My sister and her friends wanted to show the world that we still have moments of happiness, even though we face so many problems in Iran,” said Siavash Taravati, whose sister Reyhaneh was one of those arrested. “They were only showing their happiness and were arrested for that,” he said. Siavash Taravati was the film’s art director.
Shortly after the six were released, they spoke of their appalling treatment while in prison. According to a source close to the group, police raided the home of artist and photographer Rayhaneh Taravati on Sunday, May 18th. The officers covered the peephole of the door so that their faces would be obscured, and Taravati opened the door. Armed officers streamed inside, bashing and damaging everything in sight, videotaping the whole time. Taravati’s paintings and photographs were destroyed.
They took the group to the Vozara police station, where they were not permitted to use toilet facilities. The group were transferred to solitary confinement on the second day. Police interrogated them extensively about the video and comments to foreign media, including this publication. During their detention the young women were forced to strip naked and perform squats in front of female police officers.
The film, which was uploaded to YouTube last month, shows the six young people– all reported to be 25 or younger– dancing on rooftops in Tehran. The women are not wearing hejab, Iran’s compulsory Islamic dress.
“It is beyond sad that these kids were arrested for trying to spread happiness,” said Pharrell Williams on his Facebook page, where he also posted a photograph of the six Iranians. News of the arrest was widely covered in national media, including the BBC, The Guardian, and Figaro.
The video was part of a global campaign initiated by Pharrell Williams earlier this year, when he called for people around the world to upload photos and videos of themselves having fun. The Iranian “Happy” film was viewed by over 100,000 people. Tehran was easily recognizable because the air conditioners found on so many buildings in Iran were clearly visible in several scenes. Although this was the first “Happy” video submitted to YouTube from Iran, other Iranians have uploaded their versions of the video online since.
On Tuesday, May 20th, the six prisoners appeared on state television’s evening news broadcast, grouped together in a row in front ofTehran Chief of Police Hossein Sajedinia, and confessed to being deceived into appearing in the clip by an unnamed man and woman. Sajedinia advised the young people during the broadcast not to be deceived into appearing in corrupt film productions, and with a smile, complimented the swift reaction of his security forces. “These [agents] were able to identify [these young people] within two hours, and within six hours had arrested them all,” he said.
Speaking about the broadcast, filmmaker Siavash Taravati said it was clear how frightened the group were during the television interview.
On May 21st, hours before the six Tehrani youth were released, President Hassan Rouhani commented on the incident on Twitter, posting: “#Happiness is our people’s right. We shouldn’t be too hard on behaviors caused by joy.” Though this cannot be seen in any way as an official government statement, many will no doubt be aware of the apparent disconnect between those who ordered the arrests and the presidential administration.
Siavash Taravati told IranWire that his sister was released after her family paid a bail of 40 million toman. Others in the video settled bail amounts of 30 million toman ($10,000) .
Taravati also said that police authorities confiscated a number of items during the raid that led to the arrests, including mobile phones, computers and cameras.
Prior to their release, security forces allegedly threatened the families of those arrested that if they spoke to any media about the detentions, their children would not be released.
Three days after the clip went live on YouTube in , one of the six involved spoke to IranWire. He said, “We want to keep on working inside Iran. Anyone can be creative and work outside Iran, but our aim is to convey the voice of Iranian young people to the world. We just want a chance to raise our voice, and say that Iran is a better place [than is conceived], that despite all of the pressures they face, Iranian young people are happy and are striving to improve their lot in the world, with the highest of spirits. They know how to be happy, just like everyone else in the world”.
Shima Shahrabi is an editorial writer for IranWire.
May 21, 2014
Related – link: http://tinyurl.com/nlzuxeo
Search in this Weblog
Former U.S. President Joined the Terrorist State of IRI
You Don’t Deal with Terrorists
Obsolete types of Governments for the 21st Century
Why in the Future Free Iran, a Secular Democratic Republic Type Sovereignty is the only Legitimate Government Option?
If the World Wants to Witness Peace on Earth
Islamic Regime in Iran, a Puppet of Foreign Powers
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- Obama Officials & Loyalists Torpedoed General Flynn to Protect Iran Deal February 16, 2017
- Trump’s immigration ban: 4 key questions answered January 31, 2017
- The Inspector Clouseau of Foreign Policy Calls on GOP Leaders to Repudiate their Nominee August 4, 2016
- Want to Know Why Majority of Americans Hate Hillary? Watch this Clip July 6, 2016
- Hillary, The Unpopular, Corrupt, Shameless Habitual Liar June 9, 2016
- An Election by the Wealthy & for the Wealthy June 7, 2016
- The Myth of the ‘Moderate Muslim’ May 26, 2016
- Atheists Outnumber Theists May 24, 2016
- Why Choosing Iran over Syria is a Moral and Strategic Failure for Obama May 22, 2016
- President Trump’s First State of the Union Address, January 2017 May 11, 2016
- Farewell, Grand Old Party (GOP) May 9, 2016
- Five Things we “Learned” from Trump’s Foreign Policy Speech April 29, 2016
- Trump Terrifies World Leaders April 22, 2016
- Department of State’s Iran Reports on Human Rights Practices for 2015 April 15, 2016
- The System is Corrupt April 11, 2016
- ISIS, Tehran Regime, Two Sides of the Same Coin April 9, 2016
- From Whitewater to Benghazi: A Clinton-Scandal Primer March 25, 2016
- Unwelcom Obama’s Norooz Message March 23, 2016
- Yesterday North Korea, Tomorrow Iran January 8, 2016
- The Diminished Legacy of the Iran Deal January 6, 2016
- The Hostage Terrorism Act of Islamic Regime in Iran Remains Unpunished December 25, 2015
- Why the Iranians? December 15, 2015
- The Kind of President We Need December 4, 2015
- San Bernardino Rampage Had Islamic Radicalism Tie December 4, 2015
- Obama, ISIS and You November 23, 2015
- NATO’s Turn to Attack November 17, 2015
- As Marco Rubio rises, GOP Rivals are Reluctant to Take Him on Directly November 12, 2015
- The Terrorist Iran’s Regime Calls U.S. World’s Top Terrorism Supporter November 8, 2015
- Pentagon Chief Outlines Three R’s’ to Defeating ISIS October 28, 2015
- What Happens When Terrorists Go After U.S. Power Grids? October 28, 2015
- Why the Terrorist IRI Regime’s Ballistic Missiles Activities are not Violating the UNSC Resolution October 18, 2015
- Watch Hillary Endorse the Trans-Pacific Partnership 24 Times Before Coming Out Against It October 9, 2015
- Uncle Sam Commits War Crime October 6, 2015
- Syria: Moscow Strikes, Washington Watches October 3, 2015
- Inspired to Stop Terrorism, Congressman Continues to Fight Iran Deal October 1, 2015
- US-Trained Rebels Betray US and Hand Weapons Over to Al-Qaeda’s Affiliate in Syria September 24, 2015
- Boosted by Nuke Deal, Iranian Mullahs Up Funding to Proxies September 23, 2015
- Why GOP Congressional Leaders Rigged a Law to Authorize Obama to Lift the Iran Sanctions September 22, 2015
- Senator Tom Cotton: Iran Nuclear Deal a Product of Obama’s ‘Hubris’ September 20, 2015
- Restoring America’s Strength September 19, 2015
- Carly Fiorina & Marco Rubio, The Big Winners of the Second Republican Presidential Debate September 18, 2015
- The Shady Family Behind America’s Iran Lobby September 16, 2015
- Cleaning Up After the Obama Team’s Iran Deal September 14, 2015
- Senator Your Hands are Soaked with the Americans’ Blood September 9, 2015
- Humanity Washed Ashore, Who are to Blame for this Tragedy? September 3, 2015
- The Blame Does not Go to the Liar Son of Bitch Javad Zarif May 1, 2015
- Historic Video Clip: Bill Clinton and North Korea’s Nuclear Agreement April 7, 2015
- Why Nuclear Deal with Mullahs’ Regime is Doomed to Failure March 11, 2015
- The Man Who Broke the Middle East June 23, 2014
- A Symbol of Freedom that Never Dies June 21, 2014
- US-Iranian Mullahs Pact for Resolving the Iraqi Crisis, Really!? June 18, 2014
- Major Wars Create Economic Growth June 16, 2014
- Barack Obama and Iraq – Cool Calculations June 15, 2014
- Iranian Mullahs Deploys Forces to Fight al Qaeda-Inspired Militants in Iraq June 13, 2014
- How ISIS Leader Abu Bakr Al-Baghdadi Became the World’s Most Powerful Jihadist Leader June 11, 2014
- Angelina Jolie, British Foreign Secretary Open Sexual-Violence Summit June 10, 2014
- Obama Administration Funded Terror Network ‘for the next ten years’ June 9, 2014
- “Happy” Song – Miss USA 2014 Contestants Version June 9, 2014
- Iranian Mullahs’ Regime: False Assumptions June 8, 2014
- Atomic Amnesia: The Forgotten Military Aspects of Iranian Mullahs’ Nuclear Program June 7, 2014
- Obama’s “Don’t Do Stupid Shit” Foreign Policy June 6, 2014
- Monarchy is in its Death Throes June 4, 2014
- A Fundamental Shift in US Policy: America Can Negotiate with Terrorists ! June 2, 2014
- The Irony of Obama’s Foreign Policy May 30, 2014
- Secret Diplomacy to Seal Iran Appeasement May 29, 2014
- OBAMA TO OUTLINE CASE FOR A LIMITED FOREIGN POLICY May 27, 2014
- “Happy” Song – The Mullah Version May 26, 2014
- Americans Should Embrace Wealth Redistribution Or There Will Be Blood May 25, 2014
- Video: Islam is NOT for Me (song with lyrics) May 24, 2014
- Is Democracy Over? May 23, 2014
- Iran under Mullahs’ Regime: A Land, Where Joy Ceases to Exist May 22, 2014
- U.S. Has Given Asylum to Top Terrorist of Islamic Regime of Iran May 20, 2014
- Iranian Mullahs are at Breaking Point Under US Sanctions May 19, 2014
Fear is the main source of superstition
The worst illiterate is the political illiterate
Struggle for Democracy
The Criminal Regime of IRI, 3 Decades of Bloodshed and Massacre
Oppressed People of Iran Warn the Green Reformers
Bani Sadr, Vertex of the Beegh Trianlge
- February 2017
- January 2017
- August 2016
- July 2016
- June 2016
- May 2016
- April 2016
- March 2016
- January 2016
- December 2015
- November 2015
- October 2015
- September 2015
- May 2015
- April 2015
- March 2015
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
- November 2010
- October 2010
- September 2010
- August 2010
- July 2010